Thursday, March 26, 2009

my favorite running parter!

im nearing the end of my rest week. my workouts have been short and ive been able to sleep in a few days! today my workouts only totaled an hour so i put them off until after work. i had an easy run and i wanted to do part of it with my daughter. after making sure she didnt have a lot of homework to do i asked her if she wanted to go for a run. she jumped up and all she said was "i better go change!" i love it. its amazing quality time that i enjoy immensely. we do sporadic workouts together but never anything structured. recently she won entry to a 5k from a contest she entered on steve in a speedo. its coming up so we decided we better run together a bit more. on monday we meant to go for a run but we werent able to. on tuesday when she got home from school she said "we better go for a run today since we missed yesterday" it was cold and raining. we got dressed and went for a mile run and talked about how much we both like running in the rain. we finished in 8:23. today we went a bit slower and ran 1.7 miles in the blowing snow. i loved it. she doesnt like running in the snow like she does in the rain. we headed for the park to do a lap around the small lake. we stopped only for a few seconds to snap a quick photo together. along the way we talked but she talked too much and ended up getting a side stitch. we slowed down a bit but before long she was picking up the pace. i commented that she must be feeling better and all she said was "not really i just want to finish." and she took off for the last few blocks home.


me and my daughter, who i will always love so much more than i could ever possibly say.

4 comments:

cdnhollywood said...

I look forward to having days like that with my daughter. She's almost 5 now. But I'm not in a hurry for her to grow up.

Anonymous said...

you guys are so cute! i can't wait to watch you two run your first 5k together!

Jen Rife said...

Great run! Glad you guys could spend some quality time together and get some good workouts in at the same time!

Steve Stenzel said...

Nice job! Cute photo!

And that's a lofty prediction on my finishing time - I'll do what I can to live up to that!!!

(I was hoping sub-5:30...)