Friday, May 1, 2009

compression

lately ive been having some cramping in my right calf. it sucks. i finally went out and picked up some 2XU compression calf guards.

sexy or geeky? i think we all know the answer to that one! i wore them on my hour long run this evening. they definitely helped a lot! it reduced my crampy calf to a mild dull ache that didnt show up until the last few minutes of my run. they were comfortable except my leg hair made them a bit itchy at times but even that was minor. once i shave my legs that wont be an issue. i even wore them for a while after the run to head out to run some errands but i wore pants so i wouldnt look like a total nerd! i feel they definitely helped for short term recovery. if you have any calf issues i would definitely recommend picking some up!

4 comments:

Brian said...

I had this all last year...so far this year the issue has not come back. Last year I did the compression hose but most importantly...strengthened the muscle. Gotta do the stair risers. Others:

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/maasx003/Vikings/rehab3.jpg

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/maasx003/Vikings/rehab4.jpg

Also, just got this yesterday to help with my Achilles/Heel area. Helps to stretch the calf also.

http://www.gearwest.com/optp-pro-stretch-single-c-2402-p-1-pr-8901497.html

carly said...

damn you for getting these so late in my pregnancy.. i definitely could have borrowed them to reduce some swelling of my own.

and yeah, when will you be shaving those legs? they're getting pretty scratchy under the covers! ;)

Jen Rife said...

Very cool - I've got these too and LOVE them!

call center voip solutions said...

Thanks for sharing such an interesting post with us. You have made some valuable points which are very useful for all readers